The Sennheiser XSW-D PORTABLE ENG SET is an easy entry point into the world of wireless microphone audio for vloggers, video shooters, and mobile journalists looking for a camera-mount system that’s cost effective, as well as quick and simple to use. It puts world-renowned Sennheiser sound quality in a plug-and-record, 1-button digital system that anyone can operate. Plug it in, power it up, and you’re immediately up and running, instantly lightening your workload so you can concentrate on creating.
The XSW-D PORTABLE ENG SET is the choice where utmost flexibility is key. This set comes with a bodypack transmitter and the highly popular ME 2-II omnidirectional lavalier microphone. Also included is a plug-on transmitter which can be attached to a handheld microphone of your choice for man-on-the-street interviews or to a shotgun mic for booming (both types of mics are available separately).
The camera-mount receiver connects to a DSLR, camcorder, or a tablet/smartphone (with additional adapter) to capture crisp-sounding interviews or dialog for video shoots.
Note: While this system includes two transmitters, only one can be used at a time.
Unboxing the System
- The ME 2-II lavalier microphone clips to your talent’s clothing and plugs into the locking 3.5mm input on the bodypack transmitter. The exceptionally lightweight and compact transmitter can be easily concealed in a pocket or discreetly attached to the waist with the included belt clip.
- The plug-on transmitter lets you connect any dynamic microphone or self-powered shotgun mic equipped with an XLR connector (it does not provide phantom power).
- Both transmitters are designed to transmit signal from a mic only (not from a mixer or recorder).
- The discreet and lightweight receiver mounts to your camera shoemount with the supplied adapter. Connect its 3.5mm output to the 3.5mm audio input of your camera, via the included coiled cable, and you’re ready to turn the system on.
Plug In, Turn On: It Works
- The 1-button, 1-LED concept with single-button interface and status indicator effortlessly handles power and linking tasks for you.
- Both transmitters are pre-paired with the receiver at the factory. All you have to do is turn on the receiver and the transmitter you want to use, and it works—without the need for any additional button pressing.
- When you’re ready to use the other transmitter, simply power down the first one, turn on the second one, and the system does the switch for you (note that only one transmitter at a time can work with the receiver).
Step Up to Sennheiser Sound Quality
- Sennheiser wireless mic systems are an industry standard, prized by professionals for their clarity and reliability. The XSW-D system allows first-time and budget-conscious users to get their hands on genuine Sennheiser sound quality without breaking the bank.
- The ever-popular ME 2-II lavalier microphone delivers a natural sound optimized for speech intelligibility. Its omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when the talent’s head moves away from the mic.
Easy 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Nothing ruins a take like hearing the weather report coming through your mic. Unlike traditional analog wireless systems, the XSW-D digital system operates in the 2.4 GHz ISM band, away from interruptions and dropouts caused by TV and radio channel interference.
- Thanks to Sennheiser’s channel allocation and interference management technology, the system selects the best operating frequency and automatically switches to a clean channel, providing reliable transmission at a distance up to 250′ line of sight.
- For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
Expand Your System as Your Needs Grow
- The functionality of this XSW-D PORTABLE ENG SET can easily be expanded by adding XSW-D Series transmitters and receivers, as your needs evolve.
- With this set, you can substitute the included lav mic with a Sennheiser-compatible headset mic, for clearer speech in noisy environments.
License-Free Operation Worldwide
- Because the XSW-D system operates in the license-free 2.4 GHz band, you don’t have to worry about local licensing laws, frequency coordination, and other technical hassles.
- Simply let the system pick a channel for you, and start recording—whether you’re working at home or anywhere in the world.
- Eco-friendly USB-rechargeable lithium-ion batteries—1-hour charging to reach 50% of battery time
- 5-hour total battery life gives you plenty of shooting time
- Conveniently recharge batteries via USB while in operation or during breaks throughout the day
- Up to five systems can be operated simultaneously in the same environment
- Low 3.9 ms latency with aptX Live codec specifically designed to maximize digital wireless microphone performance
- Mute from either transmitter or receiver