Roland’s V-1HD 4 x HDMI Input Switcher is a portable solution for HD video production that accommodates up to four HD inputs. The inputs each have a frame buffer/TBC so that you don’t need to Genlock your input sources together. You can control the switcher manually by using the built-in controls or connect it to a computer or iPad running optional software for electronic control. Select your working resolution and switch between your four input sources. Built into the switcher is a 12-channel audio mixer, which can de-embed and embed audio signals from HDMI.
The integrated T-fader allows you to manually control the speed of transitions, or you can use the take button to actuate your selected transition. The unit features a program and multi-view preview output as well as an analog audio input and output. Though small in size, it allows you to perform picture-in-picture, green-screen, and other keying effects, and a transform control enables advanced video effects on your footage.
- HD Switcher
- This portable HD switcher supports four inputs of HD video. It allows you to select 1080i, 1080p, or 720p as your input source. Each input incorporates a frame buffer/TBC that allows you to use non Gen-locked cameras as well as play-out devices as video sources. You select the broadcast system (59.94/50 Hz) within the menu. The format selector switch is a global switch that affects the input and output format. However, with the switch in either of the 1080 options, the V-1HD enables input of both 1080i and 1080p signals.
- Audio Mixer
- The built-in, 12-channel audio mixer allows you to de-embed audio from the HDMI stream, mix, and re-embed the audio into your output stream. The audio mixer is accessed by a connected PC running the available software.
- Output Modes
- The V-1HD features two HDMI outputs, one output always shows your switched program output. The other output (preview) can be switched between program output and multiview of your four sources.
- Control buttons
- The soft rubber back-lit buttons allow you to easily see the condition of your switcher, even in dim lighting conditions.
Red: Indicates the current source being output.
Green: Indicates video source that will be output on next transition.
- There are three buttons for applying transition effects, CUT, Mix (4-types), and Wipe (30-types).
- Beats Per Minute Sync
- By using the T-Fader bar and the BP< Sync button, you can deliver visuals synced to a music performance.
- The Memory button allows your to save or recall up to 8 presets, and the Freeze button can temporarily pause the incoming video.
- Transformer Buttons
- These buttons can be used to switch your video instantly or for applying effects.
- The T-bar lets you control the speed of your selected transitions.
- The keying functionality permits picture-in-picture as well as green-screen keying and graphics keying.
- Output Fade
- You can select to fade your output video to either black or white.
- Picture-in-Picture and Split Screen functions
- Supports chroma and luminance key
- Two separate bus effects knobs allow you to apply affects independently to each bus
- 9 types of filter effects are available, including silhouette, colorpass, negative, and findedge.
- Audio Effects
- The switcher can be controlled manually or by connecting to a PC or iPad, optional software required. You can use the software control to switch both video and mix audio on the unit, optional iPad connection cable required for connecting to an iPad. You can also control the unit from a music instrument or a sequencer via the MIDI input connector.
- HDCP compliance can be enabled within the menu.